ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cathymc
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Travel with D600 or D7100
8 months ago

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with a practical issue relating to an upcoming pleasure trip to Holland and Belgium.  I will be taking pictures both indoors and outside.  The indoors pictures will be mostly in museums (where allowed) with existing light (no flash) and handheld.

Based mostly on what I now possess, my two choices would be a Nikon D600 with a 24-85mm Nikkor lens or a D7100 with a 16-85mm Nikkor lens.  The weight of the two set-ups are close.  My main concern then is whether or not the combination of a D600 with the 24-85mm lens would work as well for indoor shots (non-flash and handheld) as the DX combination.  My only purchase in all of this would be the 24-85 lens, but that is not a primary concern here.

The question is: would this FX lens give me better indoors/museum shooting (or even roughly as good) as the 16-85 on the DX body?  As I believe the two set-ups are close in weight, the low-light, hand-held performance would be the most important (that is general image quality -- resolution, noise, color, etc.).

Note: I have other camera and/or lens combinations available, but these would all be too heavy for an extended trip at my age.  Whichever set-up, I will be taking an inexpensive and small prime with me for backup.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

C.

Cathymc's gear list:Cathymc's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D610
Leica T Nikon D600 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow