One of the first pictures I ever made with a DSLR, how to get all sharp?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Cingen
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Re: One of the first pictures I ever made with a DSLR, how to get all sharp?
In reply to Mark Scott Abeln, 6 months ago

Alright, I took a new picture out of my bedroom window so don't expect anything that looks nice. I also used the in camera HDR function cause well, it was needed to avoid blowing out anything and making a HDR manually just for this test seemed a bit over the top.

I'm taking it in baby steps and the first item on my checklist is "sharpness", after that I will start working on composure etc more

Any feedback about sharpness / lack of it in this one? I used an Aperture of 11, focussed on the root of the brown shed you see (the one with the wavey material)

I also used the very cheap plastic tripod I bought a few years back (planning to upgrade soon), and used the self timer to avoid camera shake when pressing the button.

This is also a JPEG straight out of the camera. I am holding post processing back until I am good enough to actually have some okay source material, I don't want to end up having a workflow where I take worthless pictures, and use post processing to fix all the flaws.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow