Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,775Gear list
Like?
Balancing expenditures-- computers vs cameras
7 months ago

As those who have read my other thread know, I am thinking about buying a new laptop and considering upgrading from my usual budget priced clunk of a writing laptop for something sleeker and more photo oriented.

It wasn't long before I discovered that this was going to cost big money, money that might eventually have gone for that Fuji X-T1 body I have an eye on for use with my manual lenses.  Heck, if I get the laptop configured the way I'd like it, I could probably add a nice Fuji prime to go with it.

How do I balance my expenditures between computers and optics, particularly as a JPEG shooter who might not need the computer firepower that a RAW shooter does?

(The laptop will not be my only computer-- by the time I buy I will also have a new Win 7 desktop system with a fair amount of power in its own right and a very decent, though not utterly fabulous, monitor.)

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow