Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,076Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera
In reply to LMNCT, 4 months ago

LMNCT wrote:

I remember the Leica CL being rated lower than a Kodak (model escapes me) because the Leica was more expensive and the Kodak could record and image. I laughed when I read it then...and although I am very fond of my GX7, I have no idea of how it stacks up for someone else. We all want different things from the tools that we use and therefore it is impossible for anyone to make a judgement for us.

It wasn't.  The Leica CL was rated lower than the Konica Auto S-2, the Minolta HiMatic 7s, and the Olympus 35 SP.   Nowadays, all of those cameras are regarded as classics.

They downgraded the CL because it was expensive, and not any better than the above.  I've owned the Konica and the Olympus, and they ARE better for 95% of all photographers than the CL is.  The ONLY reason to buy the CL is to use it with uber-expensive interchangeable Leica lenses.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BFGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow