Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Picture Lady
Regular MemberPosts: 157
Like?
Arthritis in fingers, need advice
4 months ago

I have searched old threads on arthritis, but haven't found my particular problem. My fingers are swollen and painful from arthritis, particularly my right index finger. I've had several dslr's over the years, but mostly used automatic. Now I'm taking lessons with a Nikon D90 (my son's old camera) and finding it painful and difficult to operate two wheels and almost impossible to hold down the exposure button. I would like to find a camera (2nd hand) that is ergonomically easier to operate.
My instructor suggested a Canon D60 for ease of use and possibly fewer steps required (my brain is failing as well!), but I just read in a thread that the controls (wheels?) are too close together and when I told my son, he laughed and said ease of use is why he chose the D90.

I do NOT want to initiate a Canon vs Nikon debate here, I know they are both great camera's. I just need advice on what I might look for to save me some pain, whatever the brand, preferably for no more than $5-600, as I also need better lenses (using the kit lens). I like to shoot a variety of subjects, including wildlife (zoom) and macro.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow