Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leon Obers
Senior MemberPosts: 2,788
Like?
NX30 arrived this morning
8 months ago

Got my NX30 this morning. Still I have to be familiar with the feeling and touch of the camera, and figure out several settings. First impression is very intuitive user GUI of the menu's.

For video usage tweaked my personal image output within Photo Wizard, by bringing back the "Standard" setting as to minus one digit for sharpness, saturation and contrast. That gives me natural colours and feel.

The included kit-lens is somewhat simple with some play in the lens-tube when extended to 55mm. You can lift the tube a tiny bit up and down very easy. But that is familiar with most of today's plastic kit-lenses of all brands. Have to test if it gives de-centred results by that play.

However some working of settings in my first experience is contrariness and not as expected.
- There are two different AF modes. Single and Continues AF mode.
But using video-mode, single AF mode is not possible, it is doing AF continuously. BUMMER.
I don't like the up- and down working of AF, just if you change some framing.
During recording also no square is seen within the display on which area focusing is done. (In that way you could avoid some areas in foreground, if you see it shall give AF problems).
Now I have to use manual focussing mode. But..... (see next line).

- No focus peaking during movie recording. So I have to rely at the full display screen by eye if sharpness is at the right spot. Second BUMMER. (Focus peaking is why I choose for this Samsung camera).

Further on I noticed some colour noise already in black areas when using ISO 3200.
(Plus eating battery power).

-- hide signature --

Leon

Samsung NX30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow