Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John TF
Contributing MemberPosts: 861
Like?
Leica T Announcement
5 months ago

The recently announced Leica T bears a striking resemblance in many respects to the M. I was particularly struck by their choice of lenses:

23mm and 18-56mm available at release; 55-135mm and 11-23mm available at Photokina

The camera, with an APS-C sensor and a new mount, will be released with an 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 lens and a 23mm f/2 lens.  Sound familiar?

Later (Photokina 2014) two other lenses will be released: an 11-23mm f/3.5-4.5 (even more familiar?) and a 55-135mm f/3.5-4.5.

The only one currently missing from the M lineup is, of course, the 55-135mm, and it is intriguing (IMHO) because if Canon is thinking along the same lines it could provide a hint of what Canon might also release later this year (Photokina?). The 55-135mm is exactly the lens many of us foresee and seek to complete the range. It appears to be only about 50% longer than the 18-56mm.

Ironically, in spite of the spiffy Leica branding, the lenses are made in Japan, not in Germany.

I won't comment on pricing, especially compared to the M.... (sounds like I just did, though)...

-- hide signature --

John TF

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow