Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,120Gear list
Like?
My Final Wildlife Photos From a NEX!
3 months ago

Looks like, at least for some long time to come, these indeed may be my last bird and wildlife photos taken with my NEX-5N..or any NEX for that matter.  Received confirm from Amazon that my A6000 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, and I'll be charging up the batteries on my 5N now in anticipation of taking the new camera out for a spin this weekend.  Since they don't call it a NEX anymore, these look to be my final NEX shots for a while, unless I fall back on my backup camera for any reason.  Fortunately, last weekend had some decent weather and good selection.  All shots 55-210mm lens and Sony DH1758 1.7x teleextender, on the NEX-5N, AF-S focus mode, flex spot:

A pig frog looking up at me, while thinking he's camouflaged in the reeds.

Female red-winged blackbird sitting pretty on a reed

A least bittern male, fishing...and demonstrating the amazing super-expando hidden neck.  Here, it's compacted...

And now it's extended!  Lots of neck hidden inside that compact little body

Another pig frog, but this time he discovered just how un-camouflaged he was - as he became lunch for a green heron

Baby mimics momma - a mottled duckling sleeps under the protection of mom's tail, in the same position as the napping mom

Momma had more ducklings - but the other ones were content to all huddle together nearby, on their own little muck island

Another least bittern - this one with the neck extended, as he peers over the reeds looking for some food

A rare sighting for us - this is one of the many migrating warblers that pass through Florida only for a week or two in fall and spring, on their way somewhere else.  This is a lovely Cape May warbler, which I've only seen 2 previous times

And one more, for fun...many of you have heard me mention just how close we get to the birds and wildlife here in Florida...this birder out with his binoculars to get a closer look at the birds got an unexpected visit from a red-winged blackbird male...though the view wasn't so great for the birder himself!

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always.

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow