Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
gregbartgis
Regular MemberPosts: 245Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera
In reply to Glen Barrington, 8 months ago

I'm in complete agreement. They rate cameras based on things like the bells and whistles features and PRICE, PRICE, PRICE. Never anything comparing durability, quality of build, handling - the things that really set the camera apart and make it worth the price you pay. I remember how they panned the Leicaflex SL2 in the seventies when it had just come out. I think they were just prejudiced against Leica because only "wealthy elites" could afford it. They wouldn't dare compare the camera to anything else simply based on quality and durability. It was an expensive (at the time) camera and lacked a lot of convenient features. Spare, elegant and having some of the best glass available at the time. If it costs over a certain percentage of the average household budget they seem to automatically dismiss it as overpriced.

-- hide signature --

The elimination of the mirror has introduced a new concept into the interchangeable lens digital camera market - compactness (kind of like what happened when Oscar Barnack created the Leica).

gregbartgis's gear list:gregbartgis's gear list
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +44 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BFGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow