Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bhatti
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Some thoughts on the Nikon AFS 60mm Micro
8 months ago

I had always loved my Nikon 50mm 1.8D. However I wanted something which could shoot closer and was at least as sharp as the 50 1.8D. My local camera store asked me to try out a used AFS 60mm 2.8 Micro.

Here are a couple of shots that I took with the lens (Cropped, re-sized and slightly processed). I have never had a true macro lens before and although I dont intend to shoot many macro images with it.. I have to say I loved having the feature.

Taken with a Nikon D800 and Nikon AFS 60mm 2.8

Taken with a Nikon D800 and Nikon AFS 60mm 2.8

My general impression of the lens so far has been very good. It focuses extremely fast, its perhaps as sharp (if not sharper) as my 50mm 1.8D and provides great colors. I did notice focus breathing issue to be slightly annoying at macro distances but then at this price and considering all other features of this lens, I have to say I fell in love with the lens. I would have probably enjoyed this more with a DX camera but if I became more interested in macro photography I will probably upgrade to a 105 VR. In the meantime I am going to replace the 50mm with this one and have a feeling that I am going to enjoy it a lot.

bhatti's gear list:bhatti's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow