ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
doc rahul
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
D5300 vs D7000 vs D7100?
3 months ago

Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times on this forum and I have gone through many of those threads. However, I'm no closer to making a decision on this due to the various points of view!

Before I go into which camera I should buy I want to put across my photography needs. Most commonly I take pictures (and videos with my smartphone) of my 10 month old daughter (a couple of times a week). On vacations (usually twice a year) I like to shoot wildlife, birds and landscapes. I rarely use my camera for social photography.

My current gear is:

• D50
  • Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF
  • Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G

I want to upgrade because:

• Low-light/evening photography is a pain with my current gear. All the shots of my kid playing around are blurry (and I don't like how they come out with the in-built flash)
  • I want to shoot better video (than the ones I take with my smartphone)

Here are the options I have:

• D5300 with 18-55mm VR kit lens (it's actually cheaper to buy this than the body only)
  • D7100 body only
  • D7000 (based on many recommendations in this forum)

Irrespective of the above choice, I want to buy a prime lens (maybe the AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G).

Based purely on budget I am leaning towards the D5300, while I really want to go for the D7100 as I feel it will give me a chance to improve my photography skills.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

doc rahul's gear list:doc rahul's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow