Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
REDred Photo
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Fuji X-T1 Firmware Update Wishlist
5 months ago

I couldn't find anywhere on Fuji's site or anywhere else online to make "requests" for firmware feature updates so I thought I'd post it here and start a virtual petition of sorts. Hopefully, some Fuji engineers and/or authorities will find this and consider our input.

I love my X-T1, but there are certainly things that could be improved. Since, I already have the camera, and have no intention of buying an "updated" production model, I'll focus on firmware issues. Here's my list:

1. Please allow exposure compensation to function in ISO "priority" mode (ISO is auto while shutter and aperture are manual.

2. Please allow AEL (exposure lock) to function in ISO "priority" mode

3. Please allow the possibility to change the functions available in the "Q" menu

4. Please allow panning during focus assist magnification

5. Please allow movie record button to be programed as addition Fn button

6. Please allow Fn buttons to be assigned to ANY menu adjustable options or Menu shortcuts

7. Please allow the 7 custom picture styles to be renamed by the user

8. With EVF/LCD mode set to AUTO EVF only (all screens off until eye sensor activates EVF), please allow the Menu or Q buttons to automatically turn on rear LCD for menu functions instead of requiring the user to read menus through the EVF only.

9. Please make the spot metering area smaller and circular, with the ability to increase the size of the metering area.

10. Please make it possible to set wider auto bracketing range

11. Please allow Aspect ratio, white balance, and quality settings to be saved into the custom picture style presets.

12. Allow the possibility to choose from a customized list of manual lens focal lengths

This is just what I could remember off the top of my head. I figure none of these should be difficult to implement in firmware. Please add to this list but keep your comments focused on what can be done with firmware, not hardware.

-- hide signature --

Neil Buckland
REDred Photo School
Seattle, WA

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HDRNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow