Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,198Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera
In reply to Jim Salvas, 6 months ago

Jim Salvas wrote:

This is good for the GX7, Panasonic and it's supporters.

However, I've come to realize that CR does a much better job of helping people avoid the worst products than it does of picking the best. That's because something which is truly bad is bad for everyone, but what's best depends on individual preference.

For the GX7 and the EM1, for instance, if you value video, there is a clear choice for the GX7. If you value an outstanding viewfinder, the EM1 is your easy choice. and if you value these things, does it matter that one camera or another leads by one rating point?

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Actually, Consumers specifically raved about the GX7's viewfinder.   I found that interesting - and I certainly have no axe to grind on this issue - because I personally have wondered just how good the GX7 EVF is, as I was on the verge of buying one late last year, but I couldn't get my hands on one to evaluate it myself, and I had certainly heard decidedly mixed reviews about the GX7 EVF.  That and questions about the relative effectiveness of the GX7 IBIS are the two reasons I did not buy one at the time.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BFGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow