Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
drj3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,207Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera
In reply to dougjgreen1, 4 months ago

Actually the GX7 is now tied at #1 with the Samsung NX30 (both with 75 score), the E-M1 is next at 74 (down rated for poorer performance of the included flash - which is correct - though some of us don't care). They rate cameras based on how they believe the typical consumer would view the cameras, their operation and performance with the kit lenses (18-55 with Samsung, 14-42 with GX7 and 12-50 with E-M1), not on how professionals or hobbyist would view them or how they might perform with the best available lenses. They also include a more detailed description, which I just read and it is actually fairly accurate for both the GX7 and E-M1. I don't know anything about the Samsung, so I didn't read that one. The Fuji X-E2 was down at #5, rated lower because of poorer video quality than the others. They rate and score the cameras on the basis of image quality (variety things), flash, video, ease of use, LCD quality, and viewfinder giving scores to these for at total score.  All the above were rated very good (top score would be excellent) on image quality (based on performance with the kit lens).

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BFGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow