Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
Monument Valley by Moonlight with the X-T1
8 months ago

I just came back to Dallas from spending a week in the Desert Southwest. One of the locations I visited was Monument Valley. The photo below was taken with the Fuji X-T1 using the 18-55mm around 5am in the morning from the deck of The View Hotel. The moon did not rise until early in the morning and the cloud cover presented a problem.. so I waited and waited.

I just got back home from a 9 hour drive from Alamagordo, NM and wanted to take a shot at doing a quick post on this shot. I'm sure a better image would result from more careful post work but that will have to wait for a complete review of all the over 1,000 photos taken during this quick trip to the Desert Southwest.

This shot was taken with only the light of the moon for illumination. Cloud cover was pretty bad but occasional clear patches allowed the moonlight to wash over the area.

45 second exposure at ISO 1250 - Fuji XT-1 18-55mm kit lens. This is a JPG. I still have not found a RAW developer I like.

Always best to view the larger version.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow