Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zirtico
Contributing MemberPosts: 724
Like?
D7000 video question
8 months ago

I just had to get someone to professionally film and edit a video for a project.  He used a 5D MK II to shoot and I was amazed how much sharper, more detailed and pleasing his video looked compared to the significantly softer video outputted by my D7000.

I initially assumed it was due to the D7000 having a bitrate of 24 Mbps and the 5D MK II using 38 Mbps, so I installed the "Nikon hack" firmware which essentially enables either 36, 49, or 64 Mbps video bitrates.  File sizes were naturally much larger, but there was no perceptible increase in sharpness or quality.

It may entirely be possible that this level of quality is not achievable with this camera, but I was wondering why the D7000 video is so much softer at 1080p and whether there is a way to fix it.

(FYI: I am not disappointed with the quality of my D7K's video.  I know how to use the camera well so please do not suggest "user error" as a reason, as I can assure you that that is not the case.)

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow