dougjgreen1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,092Gear list
Like?
Re: Consumer Reports rates Panasonic GX7 top mirrorless camera
In reply to Great Bustard, 4 months ago

Great Bustard wrote:

dougjgreen1 wrote:

Glen Barrington wrote:

I'm glad you're happy about this, but CR wouldn't know a good camera if it bit them in the butt. GX7 just MIGHT be the best mirrorless on the market, but I doubt they have any idea why or how it got that way. Trust their judgement on washing machines, but don't rely on their judgement on cameras.

I disagree - I find that they put quite a bit more weight on things like ergonomics, and less weight on stuff that most folks don't care that much about, like the sensor performance at extremely high ISOs.

I certainly believe that they bring much more of the average user's perspective to the evaluation than gearhead centric sights like DPReview do. They may not know everything about cameras, but they know much more about what the average person wants in a camera than sites like this one does.

So the GX7 has the best ergonomics?

I don't know, I've never used it.  But they also have praised the ergonomics of the G6 and previously the G5, and they were certainly correct about those.

dougjgreen1's gear list:dougjgreen1's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BFGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow