What should I sell? 5D II or 7D. I have the 5DIII

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Joe Mayer
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Like?
Re: What should I sell? 5D II or 7D. I have the 5DIII
In reply to crashman55, 8 months ago

crashman55 wrote:

But I keep asking myself if 2 FF bodies: (5D3 being awesome AF and the other (5d2) not really offering anything else better or different. While the 7d offers a couple of things, better AF than 5d2 and more reach. But at the expense of ISO. So the only reason to keep the 5d2 would be if I wanted 2 FF on me at all times at a wedding, which I dont, and if i needed the camera systems to be the same, which I dont care. I am familiar with both, actually more the 7d because i reached for it alot before the 5d3.

I wish I'd been here a week ago to throw in my two cents.  Well, here it is anyway.  I say keep the 7D.  You imply that you use it and like it more than the 5D2.

That said, if it were me I'd keep the 5D2.  I currently use two 5D3 during weddings and find it extremely useful to pop different lenses on each so changing a lens is as easy as a quick hand-off with my assistant.  And processing is easier too.  Yes, you can have different lenses on FF and crop and make it work but I've done that and found I prefer keeping everything the same.  But again, to each their own style and though I've used 7Ds in combination, a few years back I switched to solely FF, all same body.

Joe Mayer's gear list:Joe Mayer's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow