ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minglukhan
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Shooting at f1.4 in bright sunlight
5 months ago

Hello all,

This is a pretty basic question so hopefully it will be easy to answer!

On a recent trip to Copenhagen and Malmo (where it is was surprisingly hot and had gorgeous blue skies the whole time) I had my trusty E-PM1 combined with the PL25 and P20 yet I had consistent difficulty with overexposure during the trip. Shooting at 1.4 (i was hoping for some shallow depth of field portraits) the images were severely overexposed. Once I stopped down to 2.8 they results were perfect. Of course I could just use program mode but ever since I've got into photography I've just aperture mode. I tried adjusting my shutter speed but this did not make any difference (or altering ISO).

Is the best way to avoid this problem to use an ND filter? I've realised that during my time shooting I've always shot in gloomy/overcast conditions (I'm from northern England where it always rains) so I've never really had this issue with overexposure.

Any help would be much appreciated

Here are a couple of photos from Copenhagen and Malmo:

Olympus PEN E-PM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow