Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ktownbill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,960
Like?
Cactus RF60 HSS
5 months ago

Has anybody used the Cactus RF60's for HSS?

From what I understand, you have to use multiple flashes set to fire in sequence by setting progressively longer trigger delays on each flash. A most interesting approach to HSS that eliminates the power-loss normally associated with HSS. The RF60 has user-settable delay function in millisecond increments.

Interestingly for me, this is exactly how I wanted to do HSS with my multiple Vivitar 285's. I was going to trigger 3 of them in sequence using a programmable logic controller. At $85 for each flash this was a no-brainer solution for affordable HSS with no power loss.

I do see a disadvantage to the Cactus HSS and that is it has to be in optical mode to use HSS. I see that as a deal-killer. C'mon Cactus, if you are reading this, give us something more useful.

The idea of using multiple flashes in sequence for full-power HSS is most appealing to me.

Side note: The Cactus V6 RF transceiver is slated for an early May release. It's claim to fame is it works across all brands. The RF60 is also backwards compatible with the V5 controller.

A 4-pack of RF60's is $539. They function as a controller also.

http://www.cactus-image.com/feature.html (RF60 reviews)

-- hide signature --

Bill

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow