Choosing X-E1 over X-E2 ~ any hardware or firmware issues?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,713Gear list
Like?
Choosing X-E1 over X-E2 ~ any hardware or firmware issues?
6 months ago

Hi,

I've been reading through this forum and have done some searching too. I found this X-E1 or X-E2 thread from 5 months ago and read the opinions there. I have also read both of the DPR reviews on the X-E1 and X-E2. If this question has been previously posted I haven't been able to find it.

I'm wanting to buy the X-E1 with the 18-55 f2.8-4 lens instead of the X-E2 because it costs $600 less. My shooting with the X-E1 will be almost 100% landscapes. I will not be shooting any fast moving subjects like kids, dogs or birds, or in low-light situations very often. For those I have a Nikon dSLR. Weather sealing is not a priority or issue.

My question is this: Is there any firmware or hardware issue with the X-E1 that has been resolved with the X-E2, making the X-E1 a poor choice over the X-E2 regardless of price difference?

From what I have read the answer is no. Thanks in advance for responses.

Jake

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow