Anyone know where a person could buy a Nikon HB-28 Lens hood?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kanemochi
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Anyone know where a person could buy a Nikon HB-28 Lens hood?
7 months ago

This lens hood is made specifically for Nikon AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-5.6 G IF-ED (non VR version)
It's a 67mm pedal hood...so you can use it at 24mm without adding vignette.
This lens doesn't get used as often as my primes, or other faster (f/2.8) zooms....
However, for a walk-around lens outdoors in good lighting for hiking and such.....I absolutely love this lens....it's lightweight and very sharp and autofocus is extremely accurate (at least on my D700)
Anyway.....I normally use 77mm step up rings and a rubber collapsible hood on all of my lenses....but that doesn't work with this lens at anything below 28mm without severe vignetting.
I've been just putting a 77mm B+W MRC CPL on it and rotating it to a very slight amount.....this seems to work well, but I paid almost as much for that CPL as I did for the lens....and would prefer something a little cheaper and lighter such as the lens hood that was made for the lens......but mine got lost/stolen and I can't find one ANYWHERE. 
Nikon, B&H, Adorama, Ebay, all the usual suspects....nobody has one of these lens hoods available.
Does anyone know of a source for these......and if not....can anyone recommend something after-market that would work as well?   (Maybe a 77mm threaded low profile pedal hood that will work with my step up rings)

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow