PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 -PART 2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Vincent
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
E-M1 Water in Motion
In reply to Wormsmeat, 5 months ago

I've been away from any serious camera the last 12 years, since switching from 35mm SLRs to digital p&s. My last several cameras have been Olympus Tough's, and Oly's constant emails got me interested in the OMD enough to finally spring for an E-M1 w/12-40. I've just started with it but am loving it so far.

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day in MN, so, I and a friend drove over to Osceola, WI to take some pictures of the falls there. I wanted to try a slow shutter speed to get the blurred motion of the water and had to set for low ISO, f22, and push the EV about a stop to do it, but, was pretty pleased with the results for a first attempt.

While my friend set up his big tripod and got his Canon ready to start shooting, I walked all around the falls and took about 20 shots hand-held. LOVE this camera's IBIS! Anyway, here's a few of my shots. I'd appreciate any constructive criticism on how to improve my technique with these type of shots.

Stairway to get down to the falls from town.

Stream above falls.

The two waterfall shots I backed out a stop of exposure and added a touch of clarity and vibrance in LR. The other two are straight from the camera. I just used the in-camera fine JPG.

jim vincent

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow