Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Staceyliza
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
Two scenarios..
3 months ago

I'm shooting an awards night next week. I'll be shooting singles, couples, small groups and slightly larger groups against a blue background with the schools logo on it. I will have some window light to the left but not a ton. My lighting equipment will be two speedlights but I only have one stand and umbrella. Should I place the stand with the umbrella right beside the camera or to my left? This will be a quick setup/takedown with no opportunity to move lights, stands etc around for singles vs groups. I do have a large reflector if that would help.

There is also a possibility of rain. If that happens I will have to move the large group shot (75-100 people) inside. It would be shot on an auditorium stage. I will have them raise all the lights as much as possible but it will still be dark. My options for lighting would be two monolights with softboxes the athletic department uses for video. I will probably be able to use my speed light and umbrella too but this will have to be fast, fast, fast since they'll be setting up for the awards ceremony all around us while we're taking the picture. What do I do here? I'm seriously praying for no rain!!!

Staceyliza's gear list:Staceyliza's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow