Help Needed:Macro Photography Reverse Lens Adapter for the 50-200 mm Lens?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
makarandsaraf
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Like?
Help Needed:Macro Photography Reverse Lens Adapter for the 50-200 mm Lens?
5 months ago

Hello,

I am an hobbyist photographer from India interested in shooting birds, wildlife and insect macro shots to a great degree. I currently own the Olympus e-5 with the 14-54 Mk.II and the 50-200 mm Mk.I lenses as well as the EX-25 extension tube and the EC-20 2x teleconverter. I am very much enjoying shooting macro shots using the 50-200 mm lens coupled with the EX-25.I am interested in shooting great close-up shots of insect eyes as well as other subjects (sample shown below).

I have heard about reverse lens adapters for this type of work.

Does anybody on this forum have experience with these type of adapters?

Can they be used with the 50-200 mm lens and are they useful?If yes what is the size that I should be looking and what is the best and reliable online site from where they should be purchased.

Or should I be using them with the 14-54 mm lens (I prefer the 50-200 mm lens because it allows you to be at some distance away from the insects and they are not disturbed)

Does anybody here have any experience with using two extension tubes (ex-25 ) instead of one? What are the benefits/drawbacks of this combination? Is this a practical solution to decrease the focusing distance and gain more magnification?

I would really appreciate if the experts on this forum shed some light on this matter.Thanking you all in anticipation.

Makarand Saraf.

makarandsaraf's gear list:makarandsaraf's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +2 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow