Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Moredsir
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Please recommend older a-mount body for daughter
8 months ago

I have a A77, and would like my daughter to continue the photography she started at school but with compatibility with me gear. I think they used Nikon 3100. Because I have a-mount lenses I'd like to stick to the same system so she has lens choices. I was thinking perhaps an A-350 at around $200, but I really don't know much about the older Sonys or Minoltas. Would an A33 be better? BH have a couple of A700s around the $300 mark and wondering if that's a better option. Or is the A55 better again? I'm about to order from BH anyway so it would be a slight freight savings (I'm international).

I know I've asked how long is a piece of string, so how about;

if you had $200 to spend on an a-mount compatible camera body what would you buy, and would you rather pay $300 and get something clearly better?

Moredsir's gear list:Moredsir's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +1 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A65New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow