What extra travel lens aside my 24-85mm on my D610 ?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rstyling
Regular MemberPosts: 262
Like?
What extra travel lens aside my 24-85mm on my D610 ?
8 months ago

First of all DPREVIEW is a fantastic site. I learned a lot reading the forum.
Thanks to this I bought a D610 + 24-85mm kitlens.

Because my back problems, my system should remain lightweight. What I like about the kitlens is that it's relatively light and sharp and that it is very versatile for walkaround picture shooting. I was afraid the kitlens would be mediocre but apparently it is a very good lens.

While travelling, I hate switching lenses on the road, I rather switch in my hotelroom and leave the detached lens there.

Extra prime ?
However, I also would like to shoot with a very good prime lense because of the sharpness and bokeh. I'm going on a trip to Java and Bali, and would like to buy one more lens. This should be a very sharp lens with a very nice bokeh. Focal distance from 35-200. Which one should you buy, and why ? I think about a 85mm 1.8G for portraits and night shots.

Extra zoom ?
If I would buy an extra zoom the 70-200mm F4 will be too heavy i'm afraid... maybe the 70-300mm but then I don't really need 300mm.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

ANSWER:
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow