Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bitingimpression
Regular MemberPosts: 176Gear list
Like?
What to look for in an editing monitor?
5 months ago

I currently edit all my pictures on a 32 in Samsung flatscreen from 2004. It is starting to break down because sometimes the tv has a purple tint, sometimes a green tint, and It makes my photos all inconsistent when sending my photos to clients and family. I currently have to edit my photos, export them onto a SD card, run to the downstairs computer, and write down the images that are bad, re-editing them, and going back down 1 more time for a second quality check. I'm getting real tired of doing this.

What should I look for when buying a monitor? My budget is under 120 dollars and I know monitors go on sale all the time. I wouldn't want a monitor than automatically makes everything vibrant, and find that the pictures are dull on another device. I know that ideally, one should get a monitor that is over 200 dollars, but as a high school student, I don't make money currently, so I am limiting myself to 120.

Bitingimpression's gear list:Bitingimpression's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow