ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrHoothoot
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Looking for a replacement for an old 20d
5 months ago

Hello,

I have been lurking here for quit some time but now I need some personal advice. My mother has a Canon 20d which is maybe 7-9 years old? Anyway she is looking for a newer model because the viewfinder got blurry and everything is a bit out of date.

Now I do not have enough knowledge to help her deciding so I thought I ask you people:)

First off she already has 2 lenses. Are the newer models still compatible with the old lenses? And are these lenses still any good? Not sure how far image stabilization has improved since then.

Next thing, where you guys might cry out load and roll your eyes, she shoots jpeg only and mostly on auto. Furthermore this cameras main use is for family pictures, pictures of her garden and other social events. Moreover she would like a smaller camera but I guess this is not possible if she wants to continue using her old lenses.

Video is not an issue i think. She has a camcorder for this kind of situations.

Budget: I told her to expect something in the 400 - 1000 € range.

So can you recommend anything? Jpeg quality is key. Also if you say those old lenses are rubbish (I hope not because she spend like 1.000 € each) a system change might be an option. To the once who think a point and shoot might be a better option, I don not agree. She likes the versatility, the handling, the zoom range and so on.

Not sure if i should have posted this in the buying guid forum but this forum seemed more fitting.

Regards Ricardo

Canon EOS 20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow