Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrYuzhai
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
Initial thoughts (and a question) G1 X Mark ii
5 months ago

Received my G1 X Mark ii a few days ago and am loving it to bits thus far.. I'm truly chuffed with the build quality of the camera and find the lens is gonna come extremely handy for my next holiday.

As mine is imported from HK its lacking the extended grip which I'll be picking up soon. Its was a tad awkward to hold (due to my bucket sized hands) but I'm getting used to it, the extended grip will definitely add more comfort.

One thing that has completely blown my mind is how the camera picks up on colours (even in close up / macro shots) when compared to other cameras. The IQ is sensational and the menu is easy enough to navigate (even for a novice like me).

All in all I'm really enjoying the camera thus far and will be looking for opportunities to practice my shots more. Would definitely recommend this camera to others.

I do have a question though.. In the documentation that Canon has released online it says we can use the front dial / ring to manually focus and fine tune.. how do I do that?! Its driving me nuts! Lol!

Oh.. and here's a photo I took on the first day of receiving my camera (please be nice as I'm a novice)..!

MrYuzhai's gear list:MrYuzhai's gear list
G1 X II
Canon PowerShot G1 X G1 X II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow