Ken Rockwell - most hated guy in Photography?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brownie314
Contributing MemberPosts: 947
Like?
Ken Rockwell - most hated guy in Photography?
7 months ago

I see so many people talk badly about Ken Rockwell.  Why do so many pe-s leople hate this guy.  I have looked through some of his photography - and frankly I don't think his style appeals too much to me, and probably not to a lot of you either.

But - this guy has a massive database of equipment that he has reviewed - with all of this information available for FREE!  He doesn't charge anyone to view all of his equipment reviews.  I like his lens comparisons.  He has 100% crops from lenses that are in the same class - and lenses that are much more expensive compared to ones that are not - all possible combinations of comparisons.  Maybe he is not as scientific as say, DXO - but still I think effective.  I know I purchased an old ai-s lens on his advice - and it turned out to be of excellent optical quality - and very cheap.

He also is the first person to say that all of this reviewing of equipment is BS and you should just go make images with what you have - which is exactly in agreement with what most people on here think.

So tell me - why is this guy so hated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow