any issues with the A6000 body?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,166Gear list
Like?
Re: any issues with the A6000 body?
In reply to BoatGuy, 8 months ago

'feel' alone doesn't always indicate actual durability or quality.  I've had products that felt like solid iron ore or gold ingot, but still had issues and failures, and some products that felt sort of lightweight and not so durable that have lasted years, even decades.

I can't yet say how the A6000 will hold up in the long run to heavy use and abuse, but I can say that my NEX-5N has been pushed hard for over 2 years, and has not a single glitch or problem - it's been sand-blown, covered in salt spray, rained on, covered in bugs, whacked by tree branches, scuffed and scraped, coated in dust and pollen, fogged up and steamed up completely, shot at 5 degrees F and 105 degrees F, and used for tens of thousands of shutter actuations in extreme heat and humidity.  I have no reason to believe the A6000 will be any less hardy than my NEX-5N, and probably a little moreso, without the top-mounted EVF which would seem to be the most obvious weak point of my 5N.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow