When will the 24-105 f4 be Updated? Ever?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
bronxbombers4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,836
Like?
Re: more than a year agao: 24-70 f/4 IS
In reply to Bassman2003, 8 months ago

Bassman2003 wrote:

I would have to disagree with the 24-70mm as being a replacement for the 24-105mm. Yes, Canon can state that it is close and fills a gap but 70-105mm is a very useful range to have onboard without a lens change.

My point is that they can keep selling the original 24-105mm and come out with new, better version for more money and I bet a lot of us would pay it to get rid of the compromises.

That would probably make it a lot tougher. 4x from 24mm to 105mm is very tough to pull off well on FF. Look at the hideous monster sigma had to come up with to (barely) beat the 24-105 optically.

So I think they went for super small and compact with some macro features and improved optics and chopped it to 70mm. It does quite well at 70mm so perhaps they could have extended it to 85mm though?

Personally I don't care since I use my 70-300L for longer stuff and 105mm is often not enough when I want to go longer anyway. But some do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow