Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
en792
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
Like?
Advice wanted for photographing Sagrada Familia
6 months ago

Such an amazing structure. Wife and I are going to Spain and Portugal for a month soon. Spending 4 days in Barcelona and am drooling over the chance to photograph Gaudi's amazing church.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sagrada+familia+interior&qs=IM&form=QBIR&pq=sagrada+f&sc=8-9&sp=4&sk=IM3#a

I'll be carrying 2 Dfs and two lenses. So I have two questions:

1. I'm afraid my metering skills may not be up to it. I really want to be sure not to blow out the highlights (and if you look at the images in the link, there is a lot of light flowing in). Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Choice of two lenses. Yeah, I could carry in two cameras AND the backpack with my primes and tele lenses, but I'm not really keen on that. I'll already stand out with the Black Rapid dual sling and two cameras. So I'm thinking of either (a) 16-35 f/4 on one Df and 24-120f/4 on the other. Covers my range well and I think there's so much light that f/4 or even stopping down may not be a problem. (b) 28 1.8G on one body and 85 1.8G on the other. I can frame with my feet, but it's going to be crowded in there. Does give me the opportunity to shoot some details wide open, will be sharper, and will give me options in lower light. Thoughts? Particularly from anyone who has shot there.

en792's gear list:en792's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow