Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich the Hiker
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Zoom advice for Yellowstone wildlife
5 months ago

Hi, I didn't want to hijack the Yellowstone thread lower down. I'm from UK and heading to Wyoming/Montana for first time mid to late September like the other poster. I have a 28-112mm Canon G1X decent compact camera, but am thinking of getting a zoom compact (maybe Panasonic TZ60/ZS40, or the Canon SX50 or Fuji HS30) for taking zoomed in photos of Yellowstone wildlife. I know 112mm on my G1X will be nowhere near enough focal length. My question is will a Panasonic TZ60/ZS40 compact travel zoom take as optically good a photo as a Canon SX50 or Fuji HS30 zoom bridge camera? I expect the sensor size is similar, but lens diameter will be very different. I'd appreciate some knowledgable views on the relative IQ of such cameras and how they'd compare, and their suitability for wildlife photo captures in the distance in the national parks. Obviously the Panasonic TZ60/ZS40 is very small and portable compared to the other large zoom bridge cameras - what advantages will the larger bridge cameras offer? The TZ60 has IS, does RAW+JPEG, seems like a good little camera, but will it fall way short when assessing image quality at zoomed length? Thanks for your advice, Rich

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow