FD to M43 focal reducer problem, also which FD lens do you suggest ?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
fotowbert
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277Gear list
Like?
That may be a bad idea
In reply to adygadam, 7 months ago

adygadam wrote:

I just did a test to see if there is an actual gain in light stops compared to my Pan 12-35mm F2.8 and it is actually right, F4 on the Canon FD lens translates to F2.8 on the Panny.

Whilst I was doing this I noticed that I can stop down to F5.6 which is a half stop lower than what I have quoted in the first post of F4.8, also when I tried to tighten by force (hopefully I did not do a lot of hard to the lens mount) I gained another 1/2 stop.

So it looks like I will file/sand the upper surface of the mount on the focal reducer.

That may be a bad idea.  You can easily get the front of the mount out of alignment with the camera sensor.

Your interference is most likely between the lever at the 6 o'clock position on the rear of the lens and the FR (Focal Reducer) unit as others have reported and modifying the lever by bending, filing, shortening, grinding, etc has been a the typical fix.

Unless you have proven your interference is with the upper (and I assume you mean front or lens side of the adapter) I would leave that alone. Once the lever is free to move you may discover the lens will fit closer to the adapter and you will be able to turn the breech lock ring further when mounting the lens.

• John
 fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow