Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RER220
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Another Sony A7 Wedding
7 months ago

An old high school friend ask if i wanted to take pictures of their mormon celebration. I dont normally do weddings, but it was small and she wanted a favor. I had Sony A7 with 35,55 and 85mm f1.8 canon with metabones III.

Overall i found the experience frustrating, not because it doesn't have the ability to do weddings but its not fastest enough to be a main camera. It can lock focus on slow moving objects, but the refresh rate is horrible. I know its not a event camera nor trying to be, but if i need to use it as a main camera for whatever reason at a wedding  - i would be scared to miss the shot/moment.

With all that said, images came out great. Dynamic range is fantastic and leaves lots of room for editing. I decided to do everything in B&W. Since i was not getting paid i did not want to do much skin retouch and color work.

I also had a Fujifilm x100s as a second body. The focus was to slow for my style of shooting. Like all weddings everything was rushed, so moving fast was key.

Pictures are at the following site. Thanks

www.LIFEofRI.com

RER220's gear list:RER220's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow