ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrScary
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,203Gear list
Like?
5DMkIII Anomilies
8 months ago

Hi good Folks

Having a funny thing happening with my 5D3..

When I first had it, my images started with _V2B_

Then I changed it to _MG_ but discovered after two card full's of images that my 50D + 7D also started with _MG_

So I changed it to start as 5D3_

But a Funny thing has been happening. Looking back through my files I only see _D3_

Yesterday I made sure it was set to 5D3 but when I was out taking shots I switched my setting to the Green A+ to try it out towards end of day for Sunset shots.

On transferring to my pc I discovered that the files were _D3_ for the day, then it used 5D3 for the green A+ setting.

Whilst in the house I made sure the setting showed 5D3 for the files. I took some images but the files were showing _D3_. I switched to the green A+ for another test and files showed as 5D3.

I'm Baffled. I did delete the image numbers and re edited it, but still the same.. Any Help on this will be Appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S--My File Name is 5D3

Preset Code is 6V2B

User setting 1 5D3_

User setting 2 _MG +Image Size....So Why is it showing in my files as _D3_

It states on internet that if one uses the green A+ the images will revert to JPG. Mine still recorded as RAW.

-- hide signature --
 MrScary's gear list:MrScary's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow