Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dvdgd
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
EOS 7D and Tamron 150-600 Issues.
5 months ago

Well I am sure people are fed up with the moaning about the 150-600mm lens and the EOS 7D but I thought I would post this as I have some information.

Well even with what had been posted I decided to purchase the Tamron lens. Low and behold I straight away noticed the issues with the focusing and my 7D especially in Servo mode. Decided to persevere as it wasn't a deal breaker for me and I found pumping the button helped to over come the issue most times. I did however notice some other issues especially when using the lens on a monopod. I was moving to this lens from the 100-400 L and had had no problems with that lens on a monopod. Anyway spoke to London Camera Exchange where I purchased the lens and the very helpful staff said that there was a trade show soon and she would ask Tamron rep about the issues.

The rep told her that Tamron were aware of the focusing issue but that it isnt a fault with the lens. Nothing about the monopod issue.

Today I spoke at length with INTRO2020 who do the repairs for Tamron in the UK. They have told me that I should turn the IS OFF on a monopod. On my 100-400 L I always had IS ON so that is something new to me. Their second point was that Tamron had told them about the AI Servo issue and that the lens should be fine on older bodies. If anyone rings with the issue ( like myself ) then tell the customer the lens needs to be sent back for checking and fixing.

So tomorrow I will be sending the lens off and fingers crossed will hopefully get some answer's and a lens that works.

I will keep you all informed of my progress.

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow