Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,331
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Anders W, 3 months ago

Anders W wrote:

What I think we can additionally count on, unfortunately, is that the Oly 7-14 will be bigger and heavier (which isn't surprising in view of its wider max aperture) and carry a higher price tag. One point to be added on the positive side is that I think we can expect the lens to have the "Manual Focus Clutch" mechanism, just like the 12/2 and the 12-40/2.8.

I agree size is an issue especially as the 7-14 f4 is hardly small. I dont know what people expect but going from f4 to f2.8 can easily double the weight/volume.

However there maybe good news on this front. From someone at a trade fair in Moscow.

'Also a few lens mock-ups were shown. I`m talking about 7-14/2,8, 40-150/2,8 & 300/4. All lenses are extremely compact. I`ve been amazed with size of 7-14 - it`s smaller and thinner than 12-40.'

Now personally I would accept the size of the 12-40 but wouldnt like to go bigger. If it is smaller that is very impressive.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow