Forum ProPosts: 18,654Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Anders W wrote:

In this case, it isn't really to be blamed on the specific lens. Every UWA will be exactly the same in this particular regard.

So with next years' Oly 7-14 we can only hope for??

1. Faster lens
  2. Sharper photo
  3. Native, no purple blobs

But not lens glare/distortion issues?

Exactly!

I've been doing some more research about UWA on some other sites geared towards dslr and a word popped out at me that made me realize we forgot a rather important one improvement in the coming Olympus 7-14 Pro...

1. Faster lens
  2. Sharper photo
  3. Native, no purple blobs
  4. Weatherproof

Right. And based on what we know at this stage, I think we can take 1, 3, and 4, for granted (where the purple blobs in point 3 is a rather peculiar problem, arising only when the 7-14 is used on Oly bodies, and due to an unfortunate choice of anti-reflective coatings along with the weak on-sensor UV filters used in Oly cameras). Remains to be seen about 2, although I think it is neither impossible, nor unlikely.

What I think we can additionally count on, unfortunately, is that the Oly 7-14 will be bigger and heavier (which isn't surprising in view of its wider max aperture) and carry a higher price tag. One point to be added on the positive side is that I think we can expect the lens to have the  "Manual Focus Clutch" mechanism, just like the 12/2 and the 12-40/2.8.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow