When will the 24-105 f4 be Updated? Ever?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
M H S
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
Re: When will the 24-105 f4 be Updated? Ever?
In reply to Bassman2003, 3 months ago

I guess I am just not clever enough to figure out why I should hate my 24-105.

I think it is awesome lens. Very good IQ...I am sure people would have a hard time picking out 24-105 shots from a lineup of shots taking with better loved lenses.

Sharp enough that except for huge prints, or massive on-line zooming you would never know it isn't sharp. The technical differences in sharpness between this lens and the "high class" L lenses is sub-human-threshold at sizes and formats most photos are really viewed at

The cost is almost nothing if bought as a kit with the 6D. I actually think this is the biggest knock against it. Many people (esp. photography hobbbyists) simply can't accept that something inexpensive can be really good. My dad once put some very nice stuff out in front of our house with a sign saying "Free" on it. Nothing happened for two days. He then put out a sign saying "$10" and the stuff was gone in an hour. It's human nature. If we can't really judge for ourselves, we accept cost as a substitute for value.

Ridiculously useful range. Way more useful than stopping at 70mm.

Really good IS

Really good focus speed and accuracy.

Quit reading this forum, go shoot with it and decide for yourself. The only people who hate the lens are on DPR.

M H S's gear list:M H S's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow