Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,329Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Abrak, 6 months ago

Abrak wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Abrak wrote:

I definitely fall into the camp that doesnt really use an UWA for landscapes and when I have tried it I have had very limited success. I have taken some really horrible landscape shots of spectacular views with the 7-14. I would post one but thankfully they dont make their way into my Lightroom.

If you are just saying that it doesn't work well for landscapes in your own personal case, I have no problem with that. But if you are saying that it isn't suitable for such use in general, I disagree and rather strongly so. I regularly use it for landscape shots, although certainly not for such shots only.

No. It is mostly me. I am not particularly a landscape person. I have seen a lot of really great landscapes out of this lens including yours. Even I have taken the odd one that I feel is pretty decent.

The one below is certainly better than decent. I think it's the first time I have seen an image playing with reflections in a rice field, which I assume is what we are seeing here. Interesting.

I just wanted to get away from a general assumption that wide angles are for landscapes. I probably take more landscapes with much longer lenses and the 7-14 is a very versatile lens.

I hope/think we can agree that WAs are for landscapes, but not for landscapes only, that teles are for other things, but also for landscapes, and that the 7-14 is a very versatile lens.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow