With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,511Gear list
Like?
Re: What is CC ?
In reply to billythek, 8 months ago

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

If there's a start place people use religiously and then tweak from there. Specifically from canon 5d3 shooters.

Workflows tend to be very personal. I have mine, but doubt if you would like it. Like the other guy, I have a number of presets that I apply, and then tweak from there. I also tend to use LR just for basic adjustments, then I pop over to CC/Nik to finish things.

If you ask this question in the retouching you will most likely get one guy give you a complete run down of his flow, which he calls a tango.

Regarding camera calibration, I do use different settings for that in my presets, but it all depends on the particular picture. I tend to use camera standard a lot. Sometimes I use landscape or portrait, but those tend to over saturate, especially since I tend to punch things up later in Nik.
--
- Bill

The question was "what is CC?" It is my way of saying Photoshop CC.

Yes, I am one of those suckers who fell for Adobe's insidious $10/month CC + LR deal. So far I like it.
--
- Bill

Billy, that $10/month is the best deal in Digital PPing. I see you as an astute consumer, not a sucker. The Shake Reduction module has become my main sharpening tool.

I don't use LR but that deal (PS CC + LR) came out a few months after subscribing to PS CC Only for $10/month and Adobe let me take the newer deal.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Various RAW comparisons at Link. Includes 5D3 vs D800E, 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow