Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Abrak, 6 months ago

Abrak wrote:

I definitely fall into the camp that doesnt really use an UWA for landscapes and when I have tried it I have had very limited success. I have taken some really horrible landscape shots of spectacular views with the 7-14. I would post one but thankfully they dont make their way into my Lightroom.

If you are just saying that it doesn't work well for landscapes in your own personal case, I have no problem with that. But if you are saying that it isn't suitable for such use in general, I disagree and rather strongly so. I regularly use it for landscape shots, although certainly not for such shots only.

The samples shown below are not necessarily the very best examples I could provide but at least I am not ashamed of showing them and they happen to be available on line already, at full or at least large size so that you can see them as they are meant to be seen (as at large a size as possible) as well as pixel peep if you want.

What I can also say is that in all these cases, the wide AoV was necessary (short of stitching) in order to achieve what I wanted. A longer FL wouldn't have cut it or not cut it as well.

South Tufa, Mono Lake, CA

Moonlit scene at Red Rock Canyon, CA

Field full of shooting stars close to White Wolf, Yosemite, CA

Piano Grande (the Great Plain), Umbria, Italy

Ekhagen (the Oak Pasture) in Kungshamn-Morga natural reserve, Uppsala, Sweden

In the deep woods in Kungshamn-Morga natural reserve, Uppsala, Sweden

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow