Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JaPu
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
From Nikon D600 to Fuji X-E2: first impressions
5 months ago

Ranting first. I used to be a loyal Nikon user until I purchased Nikon D600 and was subjected to famous "DustGate". Long story short: after 5 service trips and the second change of shutter mechanics I got so tired for Nikon's issue management of D600 that I moved last week to Fuji camp. Purchased X-E2 with 18-55mm kit lens and 10-24/4.

Coming from full frame 24MB sensor and owning some of the best Nikon lenses (14-24/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 70-200/2.8) I was frankly a tad concerned how X-E2 performs. Did naturally pretty solid due diligence about various options (e.g. Olympus) yet I was X-E2's "retro charm", weight, handling, lens choices and finally Lightroom 5.4 support for Fuji colour profiles that won me over.

I took X-E2 pretty much straight out of the box for shooting in local American Car Show. Having shot in the same venue in 3 previous years I knew that shooting conditions are appalling, especially challenging white balance.

Let me say that I'm impressed! Shot all pictures in RAW, without flash, 1600 ISO and for my own eyes I can't distinguish from Nikon quality. The camera is marvellous to handle, love the colours it produces.

If you are interested in cars pictures, see yourself at http://japu.smugmug.com/Cars/American-Car-Show-2014/

In post-processing I played with LR Velvia and Pro Neg. Std colour profiles, used Nik software filters etc. Some people don't like my heavy PP style, acknowledged.

Next weekend heading to Budapest with my new camera, can't wait.

JaPu

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow