Oly 17mm 1.8, Oly 25mm 1.8 or the sigma 19mm?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,254Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 17mm 1.8, Oly 25mm 1.8 or the sigma 19mm?
In reply to TheOneWhoNeedsAdvice, 6 months ago

Lots of good info here so far. I personally have the 20 F1.7. It isn't the fastest focusing lens, but it's not dog slow, we are just spoiled here in MFT land. It won't focus continuously though, so if you want it for anything besides S-AF, don't buy it. With that being said, it has fantastic IQ. I don't use it as much for landscapes, for that i prefer a bit wider of 14mm or beyond (i bought the 14-42 kit for WA and video), but i have taken some nice wider angle shots with the 20mm.

I bought version 1 used on KEH for $275 (perfect condition), a bargain IMO. It's a great lens, it's very small and light, and it is my current low light indoor lens which is probably my most important. I shoot a lot of low light family indoors, i NEED this lens. There is nothing else for the price i paid that will do for me what this lens does.

Below is a sample, this is one i sometimes offer to show sharpness. Slightly cropped on the sides, otherwise not much done in post.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
zoomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow