Preferred travel zoom for m4/3?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't understand.
In reply to Corkcampbell, 5 months ago

Some of us can't afford, or cannot justify $1000+ in one hit for a camera lens. Some of us realise we can get 2 or 3 primes for the price of the 12-40 F/2.8 new.

Corkcampbell wrote:

Don't understand. You mention indoor use and then contemplate two slow, somewhat long zooms. For indoor use, 2.8 would be the minimum.

F/2.8 is the very bare minimum for shooting indoors without bumping your ISO and keeping your shutter speed above 200 for hand held shooting.

The 14-42 II is really quite good for an outdoor walkabout lens, or the 12-50 if you need a weather sealed lens. You can spend the rest of the money you're going to on a 17 F/1.8 and the 40-150. That way you have a fast go to lens and a long tele... It's the way that I headed when I bought my E-PL5 except I bought the 12 F/2.0 because I preference ultrawide over everything else.

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow