Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 3,944Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte
In reply to Anders W, 3 months ago

Anders W wrote:

I eventually found a spot that fit the bill and once at that spot, it was just a matter of finding the proper FL.

If I had moved back and chosen another FL (even 12 mm which is close to the 10 mm I used), I wouldn't have been able to capture what I wanted to capture, e.g., because things would start to block one another in unwanted ways.

O.K. That makes sense... And it something I've heard before but hasn't quite sunk in yet. Zooming with the lens isn't the same as zooming with the feet. I have to remember that more because sometimes I zoom with the lens when I could zoom with my feet simply because it is easier.

Ignoring for a moment that 12mm on the 7-14 isn't the same as 12mm on the 12-40. If the shot called for 12 mm you would always choose the 12-40 over the 7-14 because it is superior optically?

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow