With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Bassman2003
Contributing MemberPosts: 664
Like?
Re: With your 5D3 raw files, what's your lightroom develop workflow?
In reply to RedFox88, 7 months ago

I have a series of develop presets I have made for each camera and lens I use. So when I import the photos I can apply the develop preset on the way in or sort by lens and apply the presets.

My presets contain custom DNG profiles I have also created for each lens using the Adobe DNG profiler software. This is a series of color tweaks I have made to get the most true color like purples, certain pinks, aqua, certain greens etc... I leave skin tones alone at the DNG profile level.

The develop presets have lens corrections, noise reduction, sharpening and saturation/vibrance settings set at a usual common starting point. The rest of the develop settings are at 0 and I adjust them per each photo or group of photos if similar.

I use a WhiBal card so white balance is always set around clicking the WhiBal card.

Lightroom is all about speed for me. I try to set as many things as possible that are reoccurring every time I import photos so I can focus on pulling the best out of each photo rather than re-setting mundane things.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow